An Experienced Commercial Truck Driving School in Pennsylvania
If you want a new career that will take you places, then the training provided by our accredited commercial truck driving school in Pennsylvania can make that happen.
Best of all, you’ll be out on the open road before you know it. You can learn to drive a tractor-trailer in just 7.5 weeks (depending on if you attend commercial driver’s license (CDL) programs full-time or part-time) for a total of 264 hours. This means your new career is just within reach!
Continue reading to learn more about our CDL training in PA, and near areas like the Youngstown-Warren-Boardman metropolitan area, and discover how CDL classes will lead to a rewarding career.
Control Your Career With a Commercial Driver’s License
Our CDL training in PA will educate you on the basics of trucking equipment, truck
driving operation, and the trucking industry. You’ll also learn about the fundamentals of operating tractor-trailers.
With our professional training, you can become a truck driver in a diverse range of industries. Once you hold your CDL, you’ll meet the qualifications to begin entry-level positions such as:
- Delivery truck driver
- Tractor-trailer driver
- Van driver
- Dump truck driver
- Utility vehicle driver
This is just a small sample from a very large set of careers you can choose from once you’ve been certified as a commercial truck driver.
While within the program, you’ll learn:
- Inspection techniques for before and after trips
- Driving in adverse weather conditions
- In-depth map reading
- Trip planning and more
Commercial transportation is a vital facet of hundreds of industries, so your skills as a qualified driver will be in demand. Once you’re hired, we recommend entering advanced truck driver training to further your education and get the skills that can earn you even more.
Best of all, we know what recruiters and hiring managers are looking for from their candidates, so we strive to help you with job preparedness. We’ll show you how to write resumes and succeed at job interviews as well as how to seek out the career you want.
Why Should You Get Your CDL?
There are many benefits associated with preparing for your commercial driver’s license at our truck driving school, including:
- Open Job Market: Companies in the United States are always looking for individuals qualified to transport their big rigs across the open terrain. Once you have received your CDL, you’ll have exciting job opportunities.
- Competitive Salary: Immediately after completing your training with a CDL trucking school, you’ll be ready to hit the road and start earning a competitive trucker salary.
- Job Security: Commercial truck drivers are in short supply! Once a company finds a trustworthy and reliable driver, it will do everything it can to ensure the driver wants to work for the company for years to come. This can include profitable perks such as yearly or quarterly bonuses.
- Minimal Training Time: Unlike other careers that require extensive training that can take up to four or five years to complete, training for a commercial driver’s license can be completed within a few weeks or months.
- High-Quality Training: Individuals enrolled in a CDL truck driving school receive training that meets the industry’s education and safety standards. Skills are repeatedly tested so companies are assured that they are hiring qualified drivers for the job.
- Flexible Schedule: As a commercial truck driver, you can have a schedule that fits your lifestyle. You can join a company that offers you the chance to travel to new destinations each day or one that offers the dependability of a schedule with pre-determined hours.
- Chance for Adventure: Forget being confined to an office! You can relax in the cab of your truck and take in the beautiful scenery as you travel from one destination to the next. Discover new routes and shortcuts to make your journey all the more exciting!
Some of the great companies that our graduates are qualified to work for include:
- Transport America*
- Watkins Shepard*
- JB Hunt*
- PI&I Transport National
- Federal Express
- Reed Oil
- Menichino Paving
* – Denotes companies that offer tuition reimbursement programs
What Vehicles Are You Qualified to Drive With a CDL?
The federal government separates commercial driver’s licenses into three distinct categories. Individual states, such as Pennsylvania and Ohio, are required to issue a CDL to drivers according to the following license classifications:
- Class A: Any combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 or more pounds, provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.
- Class B: Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.
- Class C: Any single vehicle or combination of vehicles that does not meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded for hazardous materials.
How Much Can You Expect to Make After Attending Commercial Truck Driving School?
Attending a commercial truck driving school will put you ahead of the competition and make your application stand out to employers. Truck driver salaries are typically based off a number of factors, with two of the biggest being experience and education. Fortunately, our hands-on training will help you become more distinguished in both.
As for the future for those with a CDL license, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that “overall job opportunities should be favorable” for truck drivers in the future.
Start Today and Be on the Road in a Few Weeks
Whether you attend our commercial truck driving school full-time (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for six weeks) or part-time (on weekends for 15 weeks), the chance for a lucrative and rewarding truck driving career is waiting – you just have to take the first step.
At the New Castle School of Trades, we’ve been helping students obtain new careers for more than 60 years, so we know we can help you, too. Find out what our commercial truck driving school includes by checking out our program outline.
By completing this industry-recognized program, you’ll show employers that you received the hands-on training you need to be a success.
When you pair that with our career services program, which helps you find work once you finish commercial truck driving school, it’s easy to see why this will be one of the best choices you’ll ever make.
And as a testament to our program’s success, read what one of our graduates says about his experience with NCST:
“Employers know that any potential new hire from NCST has been trained well and fully prepared to begin working. Many people ask me where I was trained and I proudly tell them, New Castle School of Trades.”
Melanie Bellotta - Heavy Equipment w/ CDL Graduate
Reach Out to Us!
At NCST, we’re dedicated to giving you experienced CDL training in Ohio and PA that will pave the way to a bright future. To find out more about our program, contact us today. We’ll be glad to assist you!
Commercial Truck Driving Class Start Dates
Weekday Start Dates:
Weekend Start Dates:
More dates coming soon
Return to the NCST Homepage
Visit O*Net for more information about Commercial Truck Driving